Director Sales & Marketing
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Director of Sales & Marketing position available at our facility in Caldwell, ID.
The Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for setting strategic direction, providing leadership, and delivering the annual goals within the SWS Sales organization optimizing use of resources and establishing marketing strategies to increase profitability. This position is responsible for market development of new products, services and geographical initiatives; as well as market optimization of existing initiatives. It requires close collaboration and teamwork within the sales and marketing function, supply chain, and all other areas of SWS to facilitate the exchange of information, coordination of processes, and understanding and improvement of financial results related to profitability. In addition, this position is critical in guiding the professional development and direction of Sales professionals within the organization through training and mentoring.
- Identify strategic sales and marketing opportunities, then lead, develop, and coordinate the activities of Western Stockmen’s human capital in pursuing and achieving these objectives.
- In coordination with other managers, help create the strategy, including value stream map for SWS. Outline and monitor performance metrics to help accomplish overall objectives.
- Develop an optimal sales and marketing strategy using physical means and/or profitability of products.
- Lead due diligence efforts for partnerships and business opportunities. Includes market intelligence research and analysis; competitor analysis and innovative practices; customer feedback and consumer trends; and financial analysis. Develop appropriate operational, sales and marketing responses; as well as business plans for priority projects.
- Conduct and prepare business related analysis and research; review forecasts and analyze trends in sales, general business conditions and other related areas. Make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Performs long range planning, develops and monitors budgets, review and analyze new product needs and requests, net return budgets, and expense budgets. Reviews for approval or disapproval all price exceptions from outside sales reps.
- Manages, directs, and assists Sales professionals in establishing goals, objectives, sales volumes, and meeting customer expectations.
- Conduct employee reviews and performance improvement conversations.
- Conducts sales meetings and customer calls with sales reps and managers to facilitate their education and development.
- Travel could be 60 to 70% of the time depending on business need and sales
- Education: Bachelor's Degree from 4-year college or university
- 10+ plus years related experience and/or training.
- Senior level strategic sales planning and management; and marketing.
- Extensive experience creating solutions to customer related challenges is required.
- Strong Leadership skills critical for successful execution of strategy; and for motivating and influencing talent to achieve business goals.
- Must have strong financial knowledge and understanding of sound business practices.
- Negotiation skills to arrive at an agreement on terms/alternatives.
- Decision making skills to problem solve and analyze business opportunities and participate in ROIC analysis with potential acquisitions, joint ventures, etc.
- Ability to organize various department heads and control assigned functions.
- High level of Interpersonal skills to build relationships and effectively communicate with others in a manner that motivates, influences, and contributes to collaboration towards mutually beneficial goals. High level writing and presentation skills
- Disclaimer - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit www.simplot.com/careers
- Select Job Search
- Select Current Opportunities
- Select All Open Positions
- Apply to Job ID#7692
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**